THE FOUNDATION DOES NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED GRANT APPLICATIONS.
Please contact us before submitting a grant application online. Prior to contacting us, we encourage you to: (1) make sure your organization’s activities fall within the Milstein Family Foundation’s mission statement; (2) read about our work as displayed in our newsroom and online. If we find that your organization fits within the mission statement and philanthropic philosophy of the Milstein Family Foundation, we will ask you to fill out this online application form.
The Milstein Family Foundation focuses on U.S.-based organizations whose activities are in the U.S.
- Contact us: Prior to submitting a grant application, please contact us through this page. Unsolicited applications will not be considered.
- Deadlines: There are two application deadlines every year: December 31st and June 30th. Please contact us no later than two weeks prior to the deadline for your application to be considered.
- The Milstein Family Foundation evaluates grant applications twice a year and releases grant decisions during January and July of every year. Decisions are made at the foundation’s sole and absolute discretion. We reserve the right to decline applications without providing detailed feedback.
- Considerations for grants and level of support include, among other things, potential impact, creativity, successful track record, support by other philanthropists in our network, and collaboration and synergies with other organizations we support.
- Incomplete applications and/or applications not submitted by a 501(c)(3) organization will not be considered.
- Grants will only be given to 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Grantees are responsible for (1) mentioning the Milstein Family Foundation as a sponsor where appropriate on their websites; and (2) providing annual activity reports.
For questions, please contact us.